Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I got to change Kathryn's diaper for the first time!!!

Well, they started back feeds today at 4 ccs, so we'll see how we do. The tummy xrays that they took this morning were reviewed by Drs. Dicarlo and Strange and by the radiologist and they did not see anything at this point to resemble NEC so they put her back on eating.

This afternoon I got to change Kathryn's diaper for the first time. Nurse Christy asked if I wanted to and I hesitated - I was so afraid I might break her!!! But, as you can see in the pictures, Kathryn was awake and watching me and things turned out just fine.




Please pray for Kathryn!! And just so you know, 2 lb 6 oz babies do not break when you change their diapers!! (And it really made me feel like a parent to Kathryn!!)
Kelly

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hooray!! Hopefully a hold isn't too far off! Aiden has been praying for Kathryn every single night. It is too precious!

Andrew and Lauren Hess said...

What great news! I remember making sure to be at the NICU so that I could change diapers, like you said, it makes you actually feel like the parent. We will continue to pray for good feedings and strength for both you and Kathryn.

Lauren Hess