Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 94 - Friday, October 26

Today Kathryn is still on 26ccs, but they have changed it to 24 ccs of the Neocate (British formula) and 2 ccs of the Similac Special Care. This is an attempt to ween her from the Neocate before she comes home so that Greg and I don't have to make a special trip to London each time we run out of formula. They will slowly substitute a little more Similac for some of the Neocate as she tolerates it. Neocate is one of the most basic formulas so they started her on that, but now it's time to try getting her on to another formula.

She was up to 3 pounds 3 ounces, but dropped last night to 3 pounds 2 ounces. As you can tell, the weight thing is a constant fluctuation - I guess much like us!! She is also having a follow up eye exam today to determine if the eye surgery from two weeks ago is still showing good signs. When I know the results of that, I will pass it along!! I am praying that things are still looking better!!! She is still on the ventilator and they are trying to do some weening. She seems to be loving her clothes too as they continue to let her wear them.

I guess these are some slow days lately which is not a bad thing, just slow!

Please pray for Kathryn to tolerate the Special Care substitution and that the eye exam shows good things!! Also, please pray for strength in her lungs so that maybe a ventilator ween is not too far in the future!!

Kelly

Update from the eye doctor - in his words, "Her right eye is looking much, much better and her left eye is looking much better." He said that they are both showing positive results from the eye surgery just a little more robust in the right eye. They are pleased with the response!! Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I knew that I was saving those $5 off Similac coupons for someone!!

Becky Smith said...

Kelly,

We are Jeff & Becky Smith. We are friends of Jason & Heather Gjesvold. We recieved an e-mail from them asking that we keep Kathryn and your family in our prayers. I have a nephew that was a premie an weighed in at 2 lbs 4 oz at birth. He will be 3 on 11/26 and is a very healthy little man.

I have enjoyed reading through some of your blog and have added it to my list of blogs that I watch.

Jeff and I are in the process of adopting a 15 month old boy from China. We hope to have Noah home by early Spring. I set up a blog page for him so that he would know how long we had prayed for him as well as all of the people that were praying with us.

We will keep your family in our prayers and will keep up with Kathryn's progress. We pray that she will be big enough and strong enough to go home soon.

God bless you all.

Jeff & Becky Smith