Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 80 - Friday October 12

I had the day off today so I spent some time at the hospital and some time shopping. For those of you praying for Greg today, he had a good day too!

Kathryn is up to 9 1/2 ccs per feed and doing well. She is also hanging steady at 2 lbs, 11 ozs. Just a good ole boring day.

I have to share two things:

1. We watched Evan Almighty tonight and Madelyn told Greg, "Daddy, you have to pray if you don't feel better and God will make it better." As if that wasn't sweet enough, I asked her what she prays for and these were her words . . .

I say thank you for my class. I say thank you for my food. I say thank you for my party. I say thank you for my family. (at this point, we thought she was done because she paused) and then she said, I say thank you God for holding Kathryn's hand.

Well, wipe me off of the floor. If we could all have the innocence of a 4 year old. She said that holding Kathryn's hand was the best part of her birthday. Greg was holding her when she held Kathryn's hand and he said he thought she was going to cry that it was that special to her.

2. Greg was really touched by the family we met last night and he said that the father has to leave his two grown boys, a wife, and a tiny baby in the NICU in a week or so to go overseas for a year. Greg said that he knew that he could never do that. I was so touched by the bond that we feel to other parents in this same boat!

We have had a blessed day! We hope that you have too.

Please pray for Kathryn! (And tiny Kamora)

Kelly

No comments: