Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 130 - Friday, November 30

I am running late getting ready for work, but wanted to do a quick post. Dr. Lasano, the pulmonologist, saw Kathryn yesterday and said she was doing just fine. He agreed with Drs. Mena, Strange, and Dicarlo that Kathryn is ready to go home. So, as you can imagine, I am trying to frantically fit in errands and things where I can and get things at home that we need like formula, diapers, etc. Well imagine our surprise when last night they told us that there is a note on the "discharge board" that says the Ellis' may have been moved up for a discharge date of December 3 through December 6!!!! We haven't heard this from a doctor yet and to me it seems that there is an awful lot of things to be done between now and our discharge, but maybe it can happen. So it may be a week earlier!!! Boy is my work going to be surprised today!

Oh and by the way, I was getting a haircut last night and talking to Christopher, who cuts my hair. We were talking about Kathryn and everything we are experiencing and a lady walked up to me and said she was sorry to overhear, but what was my baby's name. When I told her Kathryn Ellis, she just cried and said that Kathryn has been on her bible study's prayer list and it was so neat to her to meet Kathryn's mom!! It was the neatest experience. My, how one 14 ounce baby has brought so many people together!!

Please pray for Kathryn!!

Kelly

1 comment:

Kate said...

Merry Christmas to you! What a wonderful present. We will miss you at the party, but are glad that you have such a wonderful reason for not missing it!