Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day 135 - Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We have been so busy the last few days. Monday was a fairly normal day - Greg and I to work and Madelyn to school! Early Tuesday morning (about 4 am) I woke to a cold house and realized that our heater had died!! Well, you can't bring a newborn home to a cold home (plus I already felt like a Popsicle!!) Anyway, I went to work yesterday morning knowing that I may need to leave to come meet the heating contractor at the house. Long, long story is that they called and said that they could be at the house yesterday by 12:00 and that if the heat needed to be replaced (instead of fixed) it would be Wednesday and they would need access to the house all day. Meanwhile the hospital had called to tell us that our training will be on Thursday at 11:00 at the hospital. So I went to my bosses and told them that this was getting to be too much to handle from work knowing that Kathryn was coming home next Monday. So, I am now done with work and am at home until February 4th!!

Well, last night we stayed at my mom's because it was much too cold to sleep in the house. Today they are fixing the heat as I type in sheer cold. I am wearing sweats and a jacket around the house, but it is warming up a little now!! Being home all day has given me the opportunity to clean the house before Kathryn comes home, do some laundry, and various other things that I needed to do to get ready.

Tomorrow we have training to learn Kathryn's machines and we also meet with the OT who has been working with Kathryn in the hospital for baby massage and range of motion. What a busy day we have.

Kathryn is up to 4 pounds, 7 ounces now and seems to be doing so well. She definitely seems ready to be home!! (And boy are we ready to have her!!)

We are going strong to get her home on Monday!! Please pray for Kathryn!!

Kelly

No comments: