Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 45 - still no bragging, but a few positive facts

I have slept through the night for two nights in a row!! I am still exhausted, but this certainly helps towards my zombie-like state. Greg returned from Florida yesterday afternoon around 5:30, so it's a big relief to have him back and have had no eventful activity with Kathryn while he was gone! Evidently he feels a little relaxed with Kathryn holding stable too since his head hit the pillow and he was snoring in less than 2 minutes. I know because I was still awake doing my Disciple bible study and I had to shake him several times so I could concentrate :)

Kathryn seems to be tolerating her twice daily rotations. Each morning and each night they turn her from front to back or vice versa around 6am and 6pm. So far, no large drops in her oxygen when they do it. She is also up to every 6 hours for her pavulon - a sizable improvement over every 2 hours just a few days ago. She is still on labs every 6 hours (which is better than every 3 hours just a few days ago). When I checked on her this morning at 7:15, she was still on 21% oxygen and had remained that way pretty much since yesterday. (If you didn't catch the importance of 21%, that means she is currently tolerating room air and not requiring any additional oxygen!!) WOW!! - OK, I have to relax about it and remember that I am not bragging, just stating positive facts. (but, wow!!)

Greg and I received several gifts last night from our fearless Sunday School teachers and wonderful friends, the Wheelers. The dinner they brought was wonderful and the gifts for Kathryn and Madelyn were so sweet. Greg and I were blessed to receive a book called Powerful Prayers for your Baby by Heather Kopp. There is a verse just following the forward of the book that is from Lamentations 2:19. It says this,

"Pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children."

I feel like I pour my heart out everyday and ask my Heavenly Father to bring us through this and to carry Kathryn in His arms safely through this journey. I definitely lift my children to Him each day, for He is the Great Physician.

There was also a prayer in the forward that I thought was so befitting of everything we are experiencing.

"In Jesus' name I pray, and am confident, that the God who gives endurance, encouragement, and hope (Romans 15:5,13) will accomplish immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine. How thankful I am that His power - the same power that raised Jesus from the dead (1 Peter 1:21) - is at work in me, and my family, and in the baby I love so much (Ephesians 3:20)!"

Can you imagine that the same power that resides in all of God's miracles is at work in a tiny 1 lb, 14 oz baby - my baby!! Thanks so much for all your love and support of Kathryn, Greg, Madelyn, and I. I'm not sure what we did to deserve such blessings, but I sure am thankful.

Please pray for Kathryn.

Kelly

1 comment:

Little Lamb Design said...

Hi Kelly. Just want to know I am praying for your whole family. I also added you to our Sunday School prayer list last Sunday. Hang in there!
Ellen (Enstrom) Gillespie