Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A nice relaxing night

Last Friday night, Greg and I spent the night away from home for the first time since Kathryn's birth (other than Children's Hospital - which doesn't count!) For our anniversary in May, my dear sweet husband gave me a gift certificate for a night to Ross Bridge Resort. Well we finally were able to use it and we checked in Friday afternoon around 3:00 pm. We spent the afternoon around the pool and I was able to enjoy a massage. For dinner, we ate there at the hotel and had a nice time relaxing on our balcony overlooking the pool. Around 6:45 pm, a bagpipe player stood overlooking the pool and the golf course and played Amazing Grace. We had a wonderful uninterrupted night of sleep and woke to a fantastic breakfast buffet!

All in all, it was time wonderfully spent and a very relaxing night away from home. My mom, Nini, stayed at our house with Madelyn and Kathryn and they enjoyed every minute of their time here too!

The rest of the weekend was spent with fun chores, yard work, church, and a diaper shower on Sunday.

Nothing eventful this week so far. Gearing up for next week when we have three doctor's appointments, Wednesday Night Kickoff at Church, a speaking engagement for Birmingham United Way, and a meeting at Children's Hospital for the Patient/Parent Advisory Council that I was asked to participate in!

Please pray for the Birmingham United Way event. I was asked to speak at the United Way Agency Kickoff luncheon for the Birmingham area next Tuesday August the 12th. From what I was told, the attendees are executive directors of the agencies that benefit from funding through United Way. I am speaking of behalf of my association with Regions Bank and our experience as a family with Children's Hospital. I know that it will be easy to speak since Kathryn's story is so easy for me to tell, but please keep me in your prayers that the right words are spoken and the right meaning is conveyed!

And last but not least, it appears that Greg and I will be appearing on local news on ABC 3340 on September 22 at the lunchtime news hour. There is an event in Birmingham on September 26 that is called Breakfast for Babies that will benefit the March of Dimes. Since we will be the Blue Jeans for Babies Ambassador Family in November, they asked if we would be willing to help for this event too. Sooooo, . . . . we will be interviewed during the lunchtime hour that day and talking about our association with the March of Dimes and about our beautiful preemie daughters!

Faithfully, Kelly

No comments: