Monday, November 10, 2008

What we've been up to!

My time is so limited lately, so the thing that suffers . . . . my blogging time. I know, I know, I created this thing so that I could keep family and friends in touch with us and now I am becoming out of touch. I honestly even debated on continuing with the blog and here I am again. Who am I kidding, it's my outlet and I get to pretend that I am an author occassionally. It's some great ME time - which all you moms know is pretty rare and VERY precious!! So, here is what we have been up to lately. . .

Kathryn is now on Periactin for her appetite and it seems to be working well. She received her second injection of Synagis today (they come to our home - FABULOUS!) and she has gone from 13 pounds, 10 ounces last month to 14 pounds, 11 ounces in just 28 days!! Half way to porker! She is a fantastic crawler and will be walking any day now - can you believe that? I think that she will be one of the tiniest and shortest walkers I have ever seen. She still wears size 1 shoes which is very difficult to find in anything other than a crib shoe - because, HELLO?? , kids with size 1 feet aren't expected to be walking!! We officially discontinued the diuretics last week and as of today will be starting to wean her oxygen. Today will be just 30 minutes, but by next Monday we should be up to two hours a day. She continues to impress us and prove that she is God's little miracle!

Since I last posted, we had a wonderful end of year soccer game and party afterwards, a fun trick or treating experience at Greg's office, and a nice Halloween night at Nini and Pawpaw's! Maddie and Kathryn enjoyed trick or treating and Kathryn officially said Mama for the first time that night!! Go ahead and scold me though because I have no pictures. That day, my camera battery died and I was unable to take any pictures. Pawpaw took some wonderful ones so when I get them, I will be sure to post a few!

I have been studying a little the past week or so for my certification next Tuesday the 18th. At this point I am ready to get it over with, but I certainly pray that I pass!! This past week, Maddie and I also fought a cold, mine a little more significant than hers. It resulted in a trip to the doctor for me complete with a steroid shot in the backside and now I am finally feeling better almost a week later. Kathryn showed a few signs of catching it, mainly just a stuffy nose, so she is on a five day steroid treatment too, but she is just fine now. Greg and I also had the March of Dimes Blue Jeans for Babies kickoff last Thursday morning and were on the early morning news again. You can watch a clip here .

I also visited Christmas Village last weekend - one of my favorite pre Holiday events. It's a huge craft show and I was able to get a few wonderful Christmas presents!

Well, that's about it for us right now!

Hope all is well with your families!

Faithfully, Kelly

1 comment:

BrandyC said...

So glad to get an official update! Don't disappear on us:)